But, I finally got it completed! This was a completely improvised quilt. I had the strips sewn together in sets of two and three (from left to right). It was suppose to be a quilt all on the diagonal. But I got bored piecing it. So I cam up with this instead. By happy accident it looks like a chinese lantern, perfect for the asian Michael Miller prints.
Then we got snowed in. And I had NO fabric to choose from. Luckily I had this other Michael Miller print (green/black) and some of the flower print left. It worked perfect. I even got a label stitched on this quilt. The binding is all pieced from left over strips from the quilt top. It turned out really well. I wish I had a more zoomed in look at that.
My sister (age 11 - the baby) was very happy to have it done before their drive back to California. I think she was a little perturbed to hear me tell her on Christmas: "I'm going to need your present back tonight." But I promised to finish it before they left, and that's better than the oldest of that bunch, who had to wait another month after Christmas to get hers a few years ago! Christmas was delightful and i'm still recovering. I have more to show you, so hopefully i'll be motivated enough to do so this week.